Sunday, September 15, 2013

ONE YEAR OLD

Today Rigby is a year old!  The time has flown and she has grown up so very quickly!!




It's been a very eventful year in many ways for Rigby and for Dan and I, not always what we planned, but we made the best of it.





Rigby has turned into a lovely, sweet dog with a wonderful temperament and a love of play and work. She is a joy to live with and makes us smile every day.





I'm excited to see what the next year of Rigby's life will bring for her and for me.  It's all about the journey and ours has just begun.



Yesterday morning we spent tracking at Mingo and I'm going to post two videos of Rigby tracking to show how far she has come.  The week before this she just started open turns and these two tracks each have two turns, one to the right and one to the left. Notice Rigby's enthusiasm for tracking and how she practically jumps to the start flag.  On the second track the first leg is really nice, she has settled down and really did a nice job.





This photo is from Rigby's first ever day of tracking.
A cute Rigby story from this week:
Rigby was in her crate while I was preparing for bed one night.  When I came out to get her to take her into the bedroom she trotted out of her crate and went over to Dan, who was sitting on the couch, and seemed to greet him and say goodnight.  Then she went over to Rocky, who was also on the couch, and gave him a greeting.  I said to her, "Come on, Rigby, it's time to go to bed."  She ran over to her toy box, dug her nose in and chose a toy, trotted with it back to the bedroom and jumped into bed. As I said, easy to live with!



 HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY RIGBY!!







2 comments:

  1. Happy HAPPY birthday, Rigby!
    This has been an amazing first year to bear witness to. I am excited to continue to share in all of your adventures!! Party like a rockstar!
    ~Auntie Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, KellyAnn! I sure love my little Purps puppy and she is so much fun. Looking forward to our future together!

    ReplyDelete